Watched a programme last night about a recovering addict on the 12 step programme making amends and it got me thinking that maybe big business and governments need to go through a 12 step programme, so I made one up based on the 12 step programme, What do people think?
1. We admitted we were powerless over money—that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power (nature) greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the planet and people as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to the planet, to ourselves, and to our citizens the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have the common people remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked them to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through connecting with nature and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the planet as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of its will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to capitalists and ruling classes, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.