- Browse Commons
- Freeganism and urban scavenging
A discussion about freeganism and scavenging as a useful way of using discarded usable resources.
- FIlm: Nicola Peel Talk- Amazon / How One Person Can Make a Difference
Part 1 - 4 of talk by Nicola Peel on Change In the Amazon & How One Person Can Make a Difference. The whole talk will play through from part 1-4 if you wait for each section to end. Filmed at…
- Stop Online Piracy Act is an attack on our internet freedoms
The Stop Online Piracy Act is an attack on our internet freedoms and needs to be stopped. It is about the censorship of the Internet and controlling the information we have access to. Why should multinational corporations have the power to moderate a common resource, read this article to find out more.
- Guerrilla gardening
A brief outline of guerrilla gardening and why it is important for a sustainable future.
- Fallowfield Secret Garden Project
We are proud to present this guest post from Gavin Pate of the Fallowfield Secret Garden, a great example of a community permaculture project that is developing.
- Film: The Politics and Ethics of Change
Is it ethical to resist corporations, corrupt political systems, to save the planet, how can we implement ethical change, when all around us we see unethical practices, listen to this talk to hear from 3 people about what it means to be ethical in the world today.
- Film: Mike (PCN): Why the commons are important today
Michael from Permanent Culture Now, explains the notion of the commons and why the commons are so important today.
- Film: Diggers 2012 : Reclaiming the land - Off Grid Festival 2012
Talk from the Diggers 2012 group that have been inspired by the Gerald Winstanley and the original Diggers and have taken to reclaiming the land at Runnymede Park.
- Scientific evidence states happiness is linked to being kind and cooperative
Scientific evidence states happiness is linked to being kind and cooperative
- The struggle: from dependence to community self reliance
It is challenge to become self sufficient in the UK and the world for most people, but there things you can do together.
- 43 Essential essays on the commons and Peer 2 Peer theory
43 Essential essays on the commons and Peer 2 Peer theory, this is essential primer from the p2p foundation for anyone interested in the commons.
- Book: Commons a model for managing natural resources
Want to know how a commons system could work in reality and what a commons system means then look no further than this excellent book, free to download
- A Short History of Enclosure in Britain - Simon Fairlie The Land Magazine
The history of enclosure in Britain, essential for understanding land ownership in the present, from Simon Fairlie of the great Land Magazine.
- Inspiring community – Daisy Dell community action group
This piece looks at how communities can take action in their local areas, particularly in areas of economic exclusion
- What does work mean to you?
this piece looks at the idea of work and we can change it for the better of ourselves and community
- Community and The Fallowfield Secret Garden
this is the second piece about the Fallowfield secret garden by Gavin Pate, a friend of permanent culture now
- community self reliance: the end of Employment?
this piece looks at community self reliance and the end of employment
- Freeganism and urban scavenging