- Browse Permaculture
- Permaculture and synergy
this piece is about how human beings and nature can create synergy.
- To Pee or not to Pee
The use of urine as a plant food and compost starter.
- An experiment in vertical gardening
How I used one plant to grow another up the stem and yield crops from both.
- Allotment Diary and tips week 2 (25/9/2011)
allotment activities at the end of the yearly growing season.
- What are Weeds?
Some of the plants that we see as weeds are useful as food stuffs and medicines.
- Organic food production can feed the world!
this piece is about high yielding low carbon fruit and vegetable production in wales.
- Allotment tips and diary - October
general autumn allotment activities and tasks.
- Allotment Diary and tips: Winters Coming!
General allotment tasks that take place as autumn moves in the winter.
- Heirloom Seeds
describes heirloom seeds and their importance for a sustainable future.
- Permaculture ethics: Part 1 - Earth Care
The earth care ethic of permaculture is very important for a permanent culture of the future, read this to find out why.
- Film: Organising your own seed swap event
Learn how to put on a seed swap event and why they are important for moving towards a Permanent Culture.
- Allotment tips and diary: December
general allotment activities that happen during the winter months.
- Permaculture ethics series: People care
discusses the people care ethic of permaculture and why it is important for a low impact future.
- Allotment tips and Diary: Winter Solstice
General allotment activities during the winter months.
- Permaculture ethics series: Fair shares
the 'Fair shares' permaculture ethic is explained here and how it might be useful for a more sustainable future.
- 12 Step programme for Big Business and Governments
12 step programme for governments, capitalists and the ruling class to wean them off accumulation of money and profit and to make amends for the damage they have done.
- Permaculture principles
Permaculture principles are key to permaculture, find out about them here and how they apply to real world situations and can be used to develop a permanent culture.
- Food Transition Now
A crucial part of transition to a permanent culture is to develop a food strategy and new ways of providing food, read here to find out more
- Allotment Tips and Diary: Jan 2012
Preparation work for the coming gardening season.
- Guide to Planting Perennial Plants
Guide to planting perennial seeds/plants in a temperate climate.
- Allotment tips and diary: New season seed sowing, Feb 2012
Tips on which seeds to sow in the month of February.
- Another seedy Saturday
a description of our seed swap event this year, and how they can be geared towards dealing with climate change.
- Permaculture pioneers: Bill Mollison
A short biography of Permaculture pioneer Bill Mollison, and the importance of work set against a background of peak resources and climate change
- Permaculture pioneers: David Holmgren
this piece looks at the work and contributions of David Holmgren in working towards a permanent culture of the future.
- Permaculture pioneers: Masanobu Fukuoka
This article is about the work of Masanobu Fukuoka and it relevance in the development of a permanent culture.
- Film: Bees and Permaculture Article - Brigit Strawbridge
Film and article by Brigit Strawbridge on bees and how they can be integrated into a permaculture design, loads of tips and information on beekeeping and permaculture.
- Allotment tips and diary: 27th Feb 2012
This piece is about Converting an allotment plot into a perennial permaculture growing area, and how this method can help to develop a more permanent culture in the future.
- Synergy: The Permaculture design software tool
Synergy is the name of a new permaculture software design tool that is in development, this tool will assist with permaculture planning and design, read more to find out about it.
- Permaculture pioneers: Patrick Whitefield
A profile of Patrick Whitefield the foremost temperate permaculture teacher and his importance in the development of a future permanent culture.
- We need your help to build a Permanent Culture Now can you recommend us to your friends
We need your help to build the Permanent Culture Now Project, can you spare a couple of minutes to tell your friends about us, we've made it as easy as possible for you to do - cheers Mike and Steve
- The struggle
this piece is about how our actions can have a very effect as we move away from the old order of capitalism and exploitation towards a permanent culture of the future.
- Film: Satish Kumar - Reverential Ecology Talk
Film of Satish Kumar explaining reverential ecology, what is our relationship to nature and how should we think about our place in the world, watch this film to see how reverential ecology approaches this questions.
- Living the Permaculture way
What does it mean to live a permaculture way of life, read our experience and thoughts on this.
- African keyhole garden
This piece looks at the African keyhole garden as a growing structure for a future permanent culture.
- Sharing your surplus to create abundance
Shows how sharing fruit cuttings can provide a large volume of sustainable fruit in an area.
- Allotment tips and Diary: 25rd March 2012
looks at the progress of my allotment two plots as I move them towards a permaculture system for the future.
- Film: Permaculture allotment plot project update: April 2012
This piece looks at the development of a permaculture plot with a future of scarcity in mind.
- Experimental permaculture: The pond flower
this piece looks at how a permaculture flower pond could help pollinator insects
- Thrifty times series: Keeping Chickens
a piece about keeping chickens as part of future ecological local food supply.
- Permaculture and Politics
Explores permaculture and politics and how they might work together in the politics of the future.
- Thrifty times series: Grow, coppice and scavenge your own wood fuel
explores the use of reclaimed or home grown wood fuel.
- Permaculture systems with and without livestock
This piece provides a basic breakdown of permaculture systems that use of refrain from the use of livestock.
- Rocket Stoves
A brief history of rocket stoves, and why they are useful for the transition from fossil fuels
- Social class and Ecology
a brief analysis of social class and ecology
- The work ethic
The work ethic, is almost a given that is never questioned, but why do we work the way we do and where does the view that we should work come from, read this to find out more
- Permaculture praxis
Permaculture needs action, and praxis is action, read this to find out why its needed to achieve a better world
- The sow and grow project: part 1
how can permaculture principles help people reintegrate back into community and learn new skills
- Film: Blackthorn farm: residential off-grid smallholding talk - Off Grid Festival 2012
Film of a talk about running Blackthorn farm a residential off-grid smallholding from Off Grid Festival 2012
- Film: Ragmans Lane Farm: small scale farming talk: Off Grid 2012
Film of talk: Ragmans Lane Farm: small scale farming: Off Grid 2012
- Film: Patrick Whitefield "A Permaculture Life" - Off Grid 2012
Patrick Whitefield "A Permaculture Life" - Off Grid 2012
- Permaculture and synergy